[tor-relays] Where to run new relays?

Totor be totorbe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 13:49:05 UTC 2020

Hi list,

I'm planning to go for a full reinstall of my 2 guards in order to upgrade
them to CentOS 8 & Tor 0.4.x
My current relays (Tor 0.3.5.8 & CentOS7) are running at OVH (France) and I
was considering installing the new ones at a more useful location
France has the second highest aggregated consensus weight, so I should
avoid France, THAT is clear

But then I got puzzled:
Should I maximise the bandwidth criteria by running the relays in countries
having good connectivity and bandwidth (Europe, US...), at the cost of
diversity?
Should I maximise the geographical diversity (Gabon, Reunion...) at the
cost of bandwidth?

Alternatively, I could just stop asking stupid questions and make my life
easier by reinstalling at OVH...

The stats are nice indeed, but I miss clear recommendations in order to
make my mind

So, any useful recommendation,guys?