[tor-relays] So here is my working script of automatically starting windows tor relays bridges when windows starts, and trying to write script to auto update.

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 21:39:32 UTC 2020

Hi all,

So here is my script for automatically starting a Windows (Expert bundle
based) relay or bridge when windows starts.

Open a new notepad document. Then add the following to it:

Cd c:/pathwheretorexpertbundleisindtalled

tor.exe -f torrc.txt (assuming your torrc is a text file). Then save this
file as batch file in the “startup” folder which should be at
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\*Windows*\Start Menu\Programs\*Startup*

*What this does is it creates a script for windows to automatically run at
startup that tells the os to point to the directory tor expert bundle is
installed in and launch tor.exe and read the configuration file. This is
tested and working for me. But I am still trying to write a script to
automatically download and install the newest tor version when released as
well as obfs4, proving difficult as the url changes with each version. Any
thoughts are appreciated, thx very much.*
--
--Keifer