[tor-relays] Tor Traffic De-prioritization Script

Felix zwiebel at quantentunnel.de
Wed Dec 23 19:15:16 UTC 2020

Hi

The Tor service might not be able to detect if your private usage is
high or not. I would suggest the solution at OS level. Typically
congestion balances according a fairness modell which stands against
your intention.

 > what alternative methods might exist to de-prioritize Tor
 > traffic during bursts from personal traffic pipes on Linux
 > or BSD systems?
On BSD you could investigate in pf-altq and define customized queues.
But that will impact the bandwidth measurements and the consensus for
your relay.

--
Cheers, Felix