[tor-relays] Question: RAM requirement for an exit relay

mick mbm at rlogin.net
Fri Dec 18 16:33:43 UTC 2020

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 05:36:36 +0000 (UTC)
BRBfGWMz <brbfgwmz at concealed.company> allegedly wrote:

> Olaf is right
>
> Get a $ 5 per month VPS
>
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 08:28 AM, Olaf Grimm <jeep665 at posteo.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Amadeus!

You don't even need to spend that much. Racknerd have been running
promotional deals since black friday. Their current deals can be seen
here https://my.racknerd.com/index.php?rp=/store/holiday-sales-2020

So - you can get a twin core VPS with 2 Gig of RAM and 3500 gig of
traffic allowance for less than $20.00 for a /year/. Spend a little more
and you can get 8 gig of traffic.

I bouught two VPS from them about a month ago and they have confirmed
that they are OK with Tor nodes, but probably NOT exits. (In their words
to me "As long as we will not receive any abuse complaints, then there
should be no problems.")

Abuse complaints tend to come with exits.

Mick