[tor-relays] No port IPv4 80 so not an called exit even when 443 open wide.

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Mon Dec 14 12:59:27 UTC 2020

On 13.12.2020 18:32, Dr Gerard Bulger wrote:
> It seems  I am alone in feeling it is an anachronism to require IPv4
> open to
> Class A at least for a relay to be called an exit.    Is it not an
> issue for
> anyone else?
>
> I got bad exit badge, to my shame, because of a narrow port 80 exit,
> despite
> 443 being wide open  on IPv4 and IPv6 and port 80 wide open on IPv6.
>

> 443 should be the marker as an exit these days.

The Tor Dev's are currently working on full IPv6 support.
An IPv6 exit with port 53,80,443 and only port 443 for IPv4 should then
be allowed, my humble opinion.

By the way, because of the abuse I have exit Port 22 only for IPv6.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!