[tor-relays] My app which makes running tor relays on Windows Very Simple

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 12:30:54 UTC 2020

Hi all,

So this is a software peice I have been developing which makes running tor
relays on Windows very easy. All the user needs to do is write their torrc.
The app installs tor, and configures all once the torrc is written by
itself.

Here is a video showing the app:

Features
Automatic Tor download and installation (via Choclatey)
Type the torrc file, and the app configures and points tor there for you.
Attempted automatic firewall configuration.
Automatic creation of log file.

Cons:
Currently only directly support vanilla bridges. OBFS4 will have to be
manually downloaded / configured.

ATTEMPTED firewall auto configuration. It auto adds a rule to Windows
Defender Firewall to allow the traffic, but can't configure router
firewalls, etc.

Let know what you think. I have successfully gotten tor up and running
through this.

If chocolatey changes their install scripts, this will need to be updated.

I can send the source code if interested.

Programming Language: C#/.Net
 Tor Windows App.mp4
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZJ4EKXbu2Clyzc5WdNdxSWquswhdvSTJ/view?usp=drive_web>

--Keifer