[tor-relays] reporting Abusive exit nodes

BRBfGWMz brbfgwmz at concealed.company
Fri Dec 11 02:06:01 UTC 2020

It's great. Great content here too: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Tor
Where do you put the configuration file when running a network from real-time
distro (tails) that does not allow /etc/tor/torrc modification?

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 07:56 PM, lists at for-privacy.net <lists at for-privacy.net>
wrote:

> On 04.12.2020 05:21, BRBfGWMz wrote:

> > I frequently find abusive exit nodes. Is there any way to report these >
> to the

> > tor consensus system, so it deprioritizes them?

> You can also post here or in tor talk. bad-relays is a closed list. :-(

> > Or can I build a configuration file or list of exit nodes that I don't >
> want in

> > my chain?

> Of course:

> ## A list of identity fingerprints and country codes of nodes to use for the
> first hop in your normal circuits. (nuts, NO address patterns!?

> EntryNodes $fingerprint,{cc}

> ## A list of identity fingerprints, country codes, and address patterns of
> nodes to use as exit node.

> ExitNodes $fingerprint,{cc},203.0.113.0/24,[2001:DB8::]

> ## A list of identity fingerprints, country codes, and address patterns of
> nodes to avoid when building a circuit.

> ExcludeNodes $fingerprint,{cc},203.0.113.0/24,[2001:DB8::]

> ## A list of identity fingerprints, country codes, and address patterns of
> nodes to never use when picking an exit node. Nodes listed in ExcludeNodes
> are automatically in this list.

> ExcludeExitNodes $fingerprint,{cc},203.0.113.0/24,[2001:DB8::]

> ## A list of identity fingerprints, nicknames, country codes, and address
> patterns of nodes that are allowed to be used as the second hop in all
> client or service-side Onion Service circuits.

> HSLayer2Nodes

> ## A list of identity fingerprints, nicknames, country codes, and address
> patterns of nodes that are allowed to be used as the third hop in all client
> and service-side Onion Service circuits.

> HSLayer3Nodes

> I don't have set StrictNodes 1. Please read the man page beforehand!

> Ncknames are unfortunately no longer allowed everywhere. I do not use
> country codes the database has some errors.

> Soon you can use multiple lines:

> https://github.com/torproject/tor/pull/2066/commits/bb9707420e87a1efc016aeac1e59edbfc6be3f87

> \--

> p_o Ciao Marco!

> Debian GNU/Linux

> It's free software and it gives you freedom!

\-- Sent using MsgSafe.io's Free Plan Private, encrypted, online communication
For everyone. https://www.msgsafe.io