[tor-relays] anyone else with this issue?

The Doctor [412/724/301/703/415/510] drwho at virtadpt.net
Sun Aug 30 16:24:05 UTC 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Tuesday, August 25, 2020 2:47 PM, niftybunny <abuse-contact at to-surf-and-protect.net> wrote:

> I got 47 Abuse-Emails while being DDOSed today. Thats in my normal range. Normally when there is
> a bigger bot net scanning port 22 etc I will get over 1000+ abuse mails a day. Could be they are
> scanning ranges that doesn't produce abuse mails or they do something otherwise fishy. No clue
> right now. With over 1 million extra sockets alone on my servers I am sure he/she/it has some
> beefy hardware.

I think I'm getting hit, too.  I can't SSH into Parker anymore, even after a hard reboot.  I can still communicate with Systembot normally, though.  He might be out of available network sockets for sshd to respond to connection attempts.  I'm considering blowing away the node and building a new one.

I seem to recall something about an attacker DDoSing individual Tor nodes to help isolate where a given hidden service is running.  Could this be a manifestation of that attack?

The Doctor [412/724/301/703/415/510]
WWW: https://drwho.virtadpt.net/
The old world is dying, and the new world struggles to be born. Now is the time of monsters.