[tor-relays] wrong country in METRICS

Ralph Seichter ralph at ml.seichter.de
Tue Aug 11 13:57:24 UTC 2020

* tor-operator-sahara-it at protonmail.com:

> i was choose vps for tor node special in small country with small
> quantity tor nodes. and METRICS put my node in Germany ))) where are
> already a lot of relays.

Your nodes' locations make no difference for middle relays. For exit-
nodes, the location only has significance if the user who is initiating
a Tor circuit explicitly states "I want an exit with country code XY".
For the Tor Browser that would require manually changing an on-disk
settings file, which I consider uncommon.

I suggest you simply ignore what location the metrics page displays.

-Ralph