[tor-relays] "Our IP Address has changed from" log lines

torix at protonmail.com torix at protonmail.com
Mon Aug 10 22:10:07 UTC 2020

Dear list,

I get this on just one of my relays -
"Our IP Address has changed from xxx toxxx; rebuilding descriptor (source: METHOD=GETHOSTNAME HOSTNAME=xxx).
Aug 11 00:33:54.000 [notice] Your IP address seems to have changed to xxx (METHOD=GETHOSTNAME HOSTNAME=xxx). Updating."
This is 99% of my tor log. What's going on? Is this normal for a middle relay and somewhere I've set the log level to be too sensitive? My torrc log line:
Log notice file /var/log/tor/notices.log # location to log notices, warnings, and errors:
But my other relays have the same line.

I was looking at this relay because it only seems to connect with the bwauths every few days to a week - now not showing at all. It has stayed at 200 connections for the last 6 weeks as a result. It is currently missing completely from the tor metrics list. But I have no idea if these 2 things are related. I have run it with and without ipv6 with the same results.

Any help I would appreciate,

--Torix