[tor-relays] Tor is showing it's running different versions, and continuing previous thread

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 18:47:21 UTC 2020

Hi all,

So my relay at

https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/79E3B585803DE805CCBC00C1EF36B1E74372861D

Says it is running two different versions, on metrics it is showing it is
running tor 0.4.3.5 but when I log into the VPS via SSH it says it is
running tor 0.4.3.6. It has  been like this for a few days now. Something
is also not allowing me to check tors data logs, when I check my torrc it
says the log file is /var/log/tor/notices.log, it either just loads a blank
file or says the file is unwrite able. This is odd I don’t believe I did
add any special configuration for this.

Heads up, on my end the spam emails are coming through again. Cheers.

Thanks very much.
--Keifer