[tor-relays] Debian-tor Vs User

Kathi Hilton kathihil935 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 01:54:29 UTC 2020

Switch from root to user = su usrname >Password. The problems start
when I try and su to debian-tor. First I get a query for a password which
it doesn't have. So I make a pass for debian-tor and enter it when I su to
debian-tor. I enter whoami and the response is: user and not debian-tor.
With or without a password it doesn't work. Secondly, if I su debia-tor >
passwrd - sudo -u debian-tor nyx it produces a page and a half of pure
gibberish. Sudo -i to root and enter nyx, it operates perfectly; and yes
I understand I shouldn't run nyx as root.

How do I become debian-tor so I can operate my bridge correctly? Adriann

--
It can't be, so therefore it isn't - stanton Friedman