[tor-relays] Help with torrc for Bridge

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Sat Apr 18 18:03:12 UTC 2020

On 17.04.2020 11:46, ylms wrote:
> Hello Marco
>
> On 4/17/20 11:32 AM, lists at for-privacy.net wrote:

>>> + ORPort [YOUR:V6:IP]:443
>
> So I should use ORPort twice, once for IPv4 and once for IPv6?
Yes. IPv4 only Port & IPv6 with brackets: [YOUR:V6:IP]:Port

>>> ## If you have multiple network interfaces, specify one for outgoing
>>> traffic to use.
>>> OutboundBindAddress IPv4
>>> OutboundBindAddress [YOUR:IP:V6]
>
> OK, I will add that.
>
> What is the option "OutboundBindAddressOR" for? Should I use that too?
Normally not needed.
Make all outbound non-exit (relay and other) connections originate from
the IP address specified.
This option overrides OutboundBindAddress for the same IP version.

OutboundBindAddress
OutboundBindAddressOR
OutboundBindAddressExit
is only useful when you have multiple network interfaces or IP's.

>>> ## uncomment if you don't want torproject.org to know your bridge
>>> #PublishServerDescriptor 0
>
> no, I want the relay to be distributed by the various services that
> torprojects.org is offering.
It's a good thing. Just wanted to point out the option.

>> ## The ServerTransportListenAddr line is dual stack friendly.
>> ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 [::]:80
>
> So I'll add another line for IPv6 here too.
You only need it once. Change 0.0.0.0:80 to [::]:80. You then have IPv4
and IPv6.
ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 [::]:80

>>> ^^^^Not used. For Clients.
>
> you're right, somehow I must have copied that over from somewhere.

>>> ^^^Not needed for Tor Bridge
>
> OK.

╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!