[tor-relays] Wrong IP geolocation

Mario Costa mario.costa at icloud.com
Thu Apr 16 13:30:58 UTC 2020

One of my relays is reporting a wrong country and AS Name/Number on the Tor Metrics page. I suspect that the other relays displayed filtering by AS Name have the same problem since all of them belong to the same 255.255.0.0 subnet.

I know precisely where my relay’s data center is, and it’s not the reported country. How can I report the correct location? Browsing Tor’s source it looks to me that it downloads a database from https://geolite.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoLite2-Country.mmdb.gz <https://geolite.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoLite2-Country.mmdb.gz> but the link is not working, and it seems that they now require an account in order to access the data. I don’t know if the Metrics page is using the same database.

-m