[tor-relays] Got my first abuse

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Wed Apr 15 20:53:37 UTC 2020

Hi,

my Family¹ has had an exit for 2 weeks and today the first abuse mail
has arrived.

First of all, thanks for the templates:

https://www.torservers.net/wiki/abuse/templates

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorAbuseTemplates

I linked these two from the Tor-project:

- Common Boilerplate (Tor Intro)

- SSH Bruteforce Attempts

and wrote the following myself:
--------------------------------------
Another good option that we use ourselves is: fail2ban
And report to blacklists, which can then be loaded into the router
firewalls:
https://www.abuseipdb.com/user/33280

Hope this helps!
--------------------------------------

I actually wanted to add that the SSH login attempts can be limited.
(3-6)
Because the logs from the abuse mail showed 100 attempts pro IP. ;-)

_Are such notes useful or do such instructions cause even more
problems?_

¹https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/TorOrDie4privacyNET

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!