[tor-relays] Why does my relay often appears offline in Metrics and should I be worry?

Michael Gerstacker michael.gerstacker at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 9 18:56:47 UTC 2020

Am Do., 9. Apr. 2020 um 15:39 Uhr schrieb Clément Février <
clement at forumanalogue.fr>:

> Hello,
>
> I often check my relay trough Metrics, but it often appears as offline
> after some time, from couple of hours to few days. I think it has this
> behavior since December 20. However, my relay seems to run normally. I
> have the usual number of connections when I check in Nyx. I don't see
> anything in the log.
> But, in Nyx, I don't see the flags that I see when it appears as online
> in Metrics.
> What I do is to restart the service, but I'm not sure if it's what I'm
> suppose to do.

I had the same problem some days ago but only once.
The relay was shown as offline on Metrics and all flags in nyx were gone.
I did not saw anything strange in the logfile and a reboot did not solved
the problem.

The next morning everything was back to normal.

I switched it from a non-exit to an exit the day before and was still
messing around with the Exit policy so i thought it was related to this.

Fingerprint:
DAA806E9529D77EF94685FC0E513386EF65B83F8