[tor-relays] Why does my relay often appears offline in Metrics and should I be worry?

Clément Février clement at forumanalogue.fr
Thu Apr 9 12:12:29 UTC 2020

Hello,

I often check my relay trough Metrics, but it often appears as offline
after some time, from couple of hours to few days. I think it has this
behavior since December 20. However, my relay seems to run normally. I
have the usual number of connections when I check in Nyx. I don't see
anything in the log.
But, in Nyx, I don't see the flags that I see when it appears as online
in Metrics.
What I do is to restart the service, but I'm not sure if it's what I'm
suppose to do.

Is there an explanation or can you help me to investigate this issue?

FYI, the tor, version 0.4.2.7, is running on a Ubuntu server 18.04
within a LXD container. My relay fingerprint is
33D88F331408141F2A2CC563239E54E48F7A211B
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/33D88F331408141F2A2CC563239E54E48F7A211B

Thanks,
Clèm