[tor-relays] Exit stops after one year, then again after few days

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Wed Apr 8 08:53:10 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 09:40:39AM +0200, ylms wrote:
> So I see some info there, but nothing helpful since I just activated
> logging yesterday. I will revisit this in a few days when/if the problem
> occurs again, also I increased the rotation for the log to 14 days and
> am now logging into /var/log/tor/log.

Great.

> Could you advise which loglevel I should use to troubleshoot this? I set
> notice for now, because debug generated too much data.

Notice-level logs are a fine default. They should include everything
that's important for you to hear about, but also they try hard not to
include sensitive information.

See this item from the old faq, which didn't get migrated to the new
support portal:
https://2019.www.torproject.org/docs/faq#LogLevel

--Roger