[tor-relays] Bridge - how to configure obfs4 both: on IPv4 AND IPv6?

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Sun Sep 29 08:00:13 UTC 2019

On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 08:12:43PM +0200, tschador at posteo.de wrote:
> But with:
>
>    ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 <ipv4-addr>:<port>
>    ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 [<ipv6-addr>]:<port>
>
> obfs4proxy is only listening on the IPv4 address!

It looks like you are encountering
https://bugs.torproject.org/11211

Alas, I suggest sticking to ipv4 for now -- I think if you got ipv6
working on your obfs4, you would next run into the problem that bridgedb
doesn't currently give out ipv6 obfs4 addresses.

There's a lot of work waiting for somebody who wants to make ipv6 more
of a proper citizen in the Tor world. There's a mention by Sarah of a
recent funding proposal which could get that restarted again:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2019-September/002479.html

Thanks for running a bridge!
--Roger