[tor-relays] My relay is listed offline, but it isn't!

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Wed Sep 25 22:01:16 UTC 2019

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 05:24:55PM +0200, tschador at posteo.de wrote:
> after upgrading to Tor version 0.4.1.6-1~d9.stretch+1 and kernel
> 4.9.0-11-amd64 on Debian GNU/Linux 9 my relay ist listed as offline. [1]
>
> Only two of the authorities show the 'running'-flag for my relay. What's
> going on there?
>
> [1]
> https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/6A7551EEE18F78A9813096E82BF84F740D32B911

My guess is that your ipv4 ORPort is reachable, but that your ipv6 ORPort
is not reachable.

So you're getting Running votes from the dir auths that don't test ipv6,
and the ones that do test ipv6 are declaring you down.

For those following at home, if you're in this situation, another useful
tool is to go to the search box at the bottom of
https://consensus-health.torproject.org/#relayinfo
and paste in your fingerprint, to learn more about the individual votes
from each directory authority about your relay.

Thanks!
--Roger