[tor-relays] possible interference between sbws and a libressl relay

teor teor at riseup.net
Sun Sep 22 23:59:23 UTC 2019

Hi,

> On 22 Sep 2019, at 16:40, Felix <zwiebel at quantentunnel.de> wrote:
>

> Am 2019-09-21 um 4:11 PM schrieb Toralf Förster:
>> On 9/16/19 9:19 PM, Felix wrote:
>>>
>>> The sbws bandwidth authorities now can measure the bandwidth of the relay.
>>>
>>> Can somebody confirm my observation or has prove (please no speculations).
>>>

>> I upgraded LibreSSL from 2.9.2 to 3.0.0 here at a stable Gentoo Linux
>> and got immediately from all IPv6 capable BW authorties the
>> "ReachableIPv6" flag back at both affected relays.
>
> I have different ssl library setups on the same server (Freebsd):
>
> sbws measurement is working now for Openssl102s/t, Openssl111d and
> Libressl 300.
>
> sbws measurement is _not_ working now for Libressl 292.

sbws is just a normal tor client, with a custom controller.

We need some more information to diagnose the issue, and answer these
questions:

* Is this issue reproducible?

* Are all tor clients affected?
* If only some tor clients are affected, why are they affected?

* Are all bandwidth authorities affected, or just the ones running sbws?

* Are these issues actually instances of know sbws bugs?