[tor-relays] Sudden bridge activity from Russia and Iran, strange?

nottryingtobelame at protonmail.com nottryingtobelame at protonmail.com
Wed Sep 18 00:50:35 UTC 2019

Hello, my new bridge sat for a few weeks with 0 clients. I understand it takes time to begin seeing clients, but all of a sudden within the span of one 6-hour heartbeat period, I picked up 346 clients. Since then, it has been 20-50 every 6 hours. But when I pull the bridge-stats file, it shows 104 from Iran, and 64 from Russia. These two are the overwhelming majority of my clients; all the other countries each have 8. Is this normal, or suspicious?