[tor-relays] Running on a Raspberry Pi

William Denton wtd at pobox.com
Thu Sep 12 23:50:22 UTC 2019

On 10 September 2019, ronqtorrelays at risley.net wrote:

> From what I have read about the Pi 4, heat is a big issue. If you're not doing
> something to cool it, your CPU speed is likely being throttled due to
> overheating.

I'm not doing any cooling except for not having it in case.  I'm in Canada, and
with winter coming I can leave it hanging inside a window, and that'll cool it
down some.

The speed on the relay has picked up to about a quarter of what it was (so about
six gigs a day), and I'll wait and see if it continues to increase, and then
maybe fiddle with the config.

So, if a Pi is cheap to buy and easy to use and maintain, I'm happy to use it
for a relay, even if it's not a major contributor to the network.

Bill
--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada   ---   Listening to Art: https://listeningtoart.org/
https://www.miskatonic.org/         ---   GHG.EARTH: http://ghg.earth/