[tor-relays] What could cause a huge clock skew (9 days) across Tor restarts - anyone else experienced something like this?

ronqtorrelays at risley.net ronqtorrelays at risley.net
Sat Sep 7 22:41:08 UTC 2019

> On Sep 7, 2019, at 04:13, s7r <s7r at sky-ip.org> wrote:
>
> after upgrading from 0.4.1.2 to 0.4.2.0, I did an entire system
> reboot because I also updated some other stuff. So the entire OS
> restarted, not just Tor daemon

It seems likely that your machine's hardware clock is off. During a reboot, the system will come up using the hardware clock, then (if configured to do so) eventually correct the time using NTP.

You can check the hardware clock by running 'hwclock' as root. If it's off, you can set it to your (presumed accurate) system time by executing 'hwclock --systohc'.

--Ron