[tor-relays] Operator straw poll: Reasons why you use Tor LTS versions?

starlight.2018q2 at binnacle.cx starlight.2018q2 at binnacle.cx
Sat Sep 7 03:55:35 UTC 2019

My relays track current stable, though I prefer going slow updating unless a major CVE/TROVE lands.

LTS is beneficial for many reasons and, from the enthused developer perspective perhaps best viewed as "necessary evil."

Rather than thinking about killing LTS, is better to think about ways to campaign for and facilitate rapid migration to a latest LTS release when very important features arrive.  Possibly this translates to early retirement via blacklisting of the eldest version.