[tor-relays] First time configuring a bridge - no log - doesnt work

David Strappazon david.strappazon at protonmail.com
Thu Oct 31 22:58:25 UTC 2019

Hi,
I want to configure a tor obfs4 bridge on a raspberry pi 3B+. My system is Kali Linux.

I followed this documentation: https://community.torproject.org/relay/setup/bridge/debian-ubuntu/

Actually, when i want to check the log in /var/log/tor, the folder is empty. TOr is running but nothing happens.

here's my torrc file :

RunAsDaemon 1
BridgeRelay 1

Log notice file /var/log/tor/notices.log
Log debug file /var/log/tor/debug.log
Log notice syslog
Log debug stderr

# Replace "TODO1" with a Tor port of your choice.  This port must be externally
# reachable.  Avoid port 9001 because it's commonly associated with Tor and
# censors may be scanning the Internet for this port.
ORPort 4433

ServerTransportPlugin obfs4 exec /usr/bin/obfs4proxy

# Replace "TODO2" with an obfs4 port of your choice.  This port must be
# externally reachable and must be different from the one specified for ORPort.
# Avoid port 9001 because it's commonly associated with
# Tor and censors may be scanning the Internet for this port.
ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 0.0.0.0:1234

# Local communication port between Tor and obfs4.  Always set this to "auto".
# "Ext" means "extended", not "external".  Don't try to set a specific port number, nor listen on 0.0.0.0.
ExtORPort auto

# Replace "<address at email.com>" with your email address so we can contact you if there are problems with your bridge.
# This is optional but encouraged.
ContactInfo #################

# Pick a nickname that you like for your bridge.  This is optional.
Nickname RageAgainstTheMachine

ExitPolicy reject *:*

I've tried to check everything but i can't find why it doesn't work.

Any help / advice would be appreciated.