[tor-relays] Issues reaching gigabit relay speeds

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 16:44:49 UTC 2019

Hi!

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 6:21 AM Matt Traudt <pastly at torproject.org> wrote:
> - In an ideal world you won't get more load than your fair share.
> Consider a hypothetically large Tor network with loads of high-capacity
> relays. Every relay may be capable of 1 Gbps but only see 10 Mbps, yet
> there is absolutely no problem.

Thank you. Yes, I understand that if there is more capacity then the
load will be not fully saturate the available capacity. So it might be
simply that there are so much relays but not enough exits.

Then my question is different: how could I test and assure that my
nodes are able to utilize full gigabit if such demand would be
required? So that I can assure that they are ready and available? And
that there is not some other bottleneck somewhere on nodes themselves?

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m