[tor-relays] obfs4 bridge stuck at 0% bootstrap

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Mon Oct 7 20:02:18 UTC 2019

On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 04:56:32PM +0200, Volker Mink wrote:

Hi Volker,

Three suggestions:

(A) Upgrade to a newer version of Tor. Tor 0.2.9.x is way way old
at this point, and it's missing a bunch of fixes.
https://community.torproject.org/relay/setup/

(B) Try bootstrapping it as a happy bridge without obfs4 first, to
make sure that part works. Then you can add obfs4 back in.

(C) You might want to discard the current bridge identity key, now that
you've sent it to the list. (With knowledge of your identity key, once
the bridge is working, people can go to the bridge directory authority
and fetch your descriptor, learning your IP address.)

Thanks!
--Roger