[tor-relays] MyFamily line commented out but stays valid?

teor teor at riseup.net
Mon Nov 25 01:09:47 UTC 2019

Hi,

> On 9 Nov 2019, at 01:53, ECAN - Matt Westfall <mwestfall at ecansol.com> wrote:
>
> If memory serves, if you're running multiple nodes on the same IP or in the same /24 tor protocol automatically families any nodes running in the same /24

Tor clients automatically exclude relays in the same IPv4 /24 and IPv6 /32
when choosing paths. (IPv6 support was added in 0.4.0.)

The subnet check is implemented separately to MyFamily, but the end result
is the same.

Can you send us a link to your relay on Relay Search, and a copy of your
torrc?

It's hard to debug without detailed information.