[tor-relays] New operator

David Strappazon david.strappazon at protonmail.com
Sun Nov 24 14:02:00 UTC 2019

Hi,

Thank for your advices.

Device: Raspberry pi 3B+
OS: Linux kali-pi 4.19.66-Re4son-v7+
Bandwith (tested on the raspberry with speedtest-cli):
- Download: 308.94 Mbit/s
- Upload: 267.11 Mbit/s

torrc file:

RunAsDaemon 1
BridgeRelay 1

Log notice file /var/log/tor/notices.log
#Log debug file /var/log/tor/debug.log
#Log notice syslog
#Log debug stderr

# Replace "TODO1" with a Tor port of your choice.  This port must be externally
# reachable.  Avoid port 9001 because it's commonly associated with Tor and
# censors may be scanning the Internet for this port.
ORPort 4433

ServerTransportPlugin obfs4 exec /usr/bin/obfs4proxy

# Replace "TODO2" with an obfs4 port of your choice.  This port must be
# externally reachable and must be different from the one specified for ORPort.
# Avoid port 9001 because it's commonly associated with
# Tor and censors may be scanning the Internet for this port.
ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 0.0.0.0:1234

# Local communication port between Tor and obfs4.  Always set this to "auto".
# "Ext" means "extended", not "external".  Don't try to set a specific port numb         er, nor listen on 0.0.0.0.
ExtORPort auto

# Replace "<address at email.com>" with your email address so we can contact you if          there are problems with your bridge.
# This is optional but encouraged.
ContactInfo ######################

# Pick a nickname that you like for your bridge.  This is optional.
Nickname citizenfour

RelayBandwidthRate 3 MB
RelayBandwidthBurst 6 MB

ExitPolicy reject *:*

I don't have "PublishServerDescriptor" in my conf. Should i?

Tor logs (notices.log) look ok:

Nov 23 15:41:35.000 [notice] New control connection opened.
Nov 23 17:45:38.000 [notice] New control connection opened.
Nov 23 20:31:41.000 [notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 11 days 0:00 hours, with 5 circuits open. I've sent 134.74 MB and received 1.01 GB.
Nov 23 20:31:41.000 [notice] Heartbeat: In the last 6 hours, I have seen 1 unique clients.
Nov 24 02:31:41.000 [notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 11 days 6:00 hours, with 0 circuits open. I've sent 136.02 MB and received 1.01 GB.
Nov 24 02:31:41.000 [notice] Heartbeat: In the last 6 hours, I have seen 0 unique clients.
Nov 24 08:31:41.000 [notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 11 days 12:00 hours, with 0 circuits open. I've sent 137.11 MB and received 1.02 GB.
Nov 24 08:31:41.000 [notice] Heartbeat: In the last 6 hours, I have seen 0 unique clients.
Nov 24 14:31:41.000 [notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 11 days 18:00 hours, with 14 circuits open. I've sent 138.59 MB and received 1.02 GB.
Nov 24 14:31:41.000 [notice] Heartbeat: In the last 6 hours, I have seen 0 unique clients.

Bridge is listed as up on tor relay search:

https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/9D1CCBE7EEF99FCCA6F767838FA08B23DDFABB3A

Nyx says:

14:49:17 [NOTICE] New control connection opened. [1 duplicate hidden]
x 14:31:41 [NOTICE] Heartbeat: In the last 6 hours, I have seen 0 unique clients. [2
x   duplicates hidden]
x 14:31:41 [NOTICE] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 11 days 18:00 hours, with 14 circuits
x   open. I've sent 138.59 MB and received 1.02 GB. [2 duplicates hidden]
xlq November 23, 2019 qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk
xx20:31:41 [NOTICE] Heartbeat: In the last 6 hours, I have seen 1 unique clients.      x
xx20:31:41 [NOTICE] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 11 days 0:00 hours, with 5 circuits     x
xx  open. I've sent 134.74 MB and received 1.01 GB. [3 duplicates hidden]

etc.....

Sometime i see many circuits and "connectons" but right now everything is blank or at 0 (bandwith use).
i just shared the connexion from my smartphone to connect to tor with my laptop (that the only thing i can do right now). i'm connected to my bridge and can browse.
If i download a file ( 1GB) i can see some connections (10 outbound) in nyx and the bandwith use increases.

I don't know..despite the fact that everthing looks fine to me, i lost the fast and stable flag, sometime tor relay search says the bridge is down and in 11 days nobody connected to my bridge (ecepted me).