[tor-relays] Relay Consensus Low

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Thu May 30 22:22:34 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 01:44:32PM -0400, Matt Westfall wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback, however, I now have a new problem.  I rebooted the
> server my TOR Node lives on and I've got a non-system disk error so I think
> my partition table got corrupted.
>
> If I can access the file system, is there any way to get what I need of the
> drive to retain my fingerprint?
>
> If I can't access the file system is there any way to get what I need from
> "somewhere" to retain my fingerprint?

You want to rescue the files in the "keys" directory in your
DataDirectory. More details here:
https://2019.www.torproject.org/docs/faq#UpgradeOrMove

For example, on Debian or Ubuntu, you'll find them in
/var/lib/tor/keys/

If the key files are gone, that fingerprint is gone from the world,
and it's time to start a fresh one. :)

Thanks!
--Roger