[tor-relays] Relay Consensus Low

torix at protonmail.com torix at protonmail.com
Sun May 26 01:52:33 UTC 2019

Dear Matt,

I see you started your relay 22 days ago.  I started one (Aramis67) within a day of yours, so they both should still be getting adjusted.  Have you read about the lifecycle of a new relay?:
https://blog.torproject.org/comment/54651
As your new relay gets better known, I think your consensus number will go up, but while I have used RelayBandwidthRate to gradually cap my home relay to about 1TB a month, I don't think you can force a new relay up faster with bigger limits.

I am running  Aramis67 with no RelayBandwidthRate in the config:
15 ControlSocket /run/tor/control
16 ControlSocketsGroupWritable 1
17 CookieAuthentication 1
18 CookieAuthFile /run/tor/control.authcookie
19 CookieAuthFileGroupReadable 1
26 SOCKSPort 0
92 ORPort [2a00:1dc0:caff:126::a5c9]:9001
187 ExitRelay 0
My consensus weight is currently 5730, so a good deal behind 8400, though my current connections numbers are about 1800 and 2000 in and out.  Much of the consensus weight seems to be affected by how close you are/good connection you have to the authentication servers.

I expect that our relays will both generally go in the same direction.

--Torix