[tor-relays] Tor relay says it is reachable, but is not appearing on the network.

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Fri May 24 01:41:05 UTC 2019

Hi all, so I believe I found the problem. In my torrc file, there was a
rogue line which read "PublishServerDescriptor" with nothing after it. I
removed this line and restarted the relay, now it is saying "May 24
01:38:16.000 [notice] Self-testing indicates your ORPort is reachable from
the outside. Excellent. Publishing server descriptor.
May 24 01:38:20.000 [notice] Performing bandwidth self-test...done."

So it seems this solved the problem. Now, I am also wondering, is there a
tool that can be used to automatically update tor? Thank you.

--Keifer