[tor-relays] Concern Over Bridge Distribution And Tor Updates

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Sat May 4 20:06:02 UTC 2019

Hello,

So I am aware a new version of tor is now available, but am wondering, is there a way for relay / bridge operators to be notified when a new version of tor is available? Right now, it seems like the only way of knowing if an update for tor is available for our OS is to manually check. Thanks.

I also wanted to say, I noticed that an available email provider to request bridges from is Yahoo Mail. Here’s my thought, Yahoo (alongside AOL) was bought by Verizon, so they are now owned by a phone carrier / ISP. This makes me wonder if Yahoo is still a safe email provider to send bridges to, seeing as their new privacy policy is essentially allowing them to use emails as public knowledge. Just a thought.

Thanks all.

--Keifer