[tor-relays] dhcp lease question

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Fri May 3 14:56:00 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 01/05/2019 21:22, torix at protonmail.com wrote:
> I'm hoping that Verizon will settle down and start renewing my ip
> address instead of giving me another every few hours, but of course I
> don't know if their pool of addresses is running low and they are
> scrambling or what.

You're right that this isn't great for a relay but...

Sounds like your home connection would be really good for a Snowflake
bridge.

https://snowflake.torproject.org/

It's still in development, so don't expect much traffic just yet, but
it's designed to have "snowflakes" popping up across the Internet faster
than they can be blocked.

The fact that Verizon is giving you a new IP all the time may be a
blessing, because once the old one is blocked you get a new one.

Thanks,
Iain.