[tor-relays] dhcp lease question

torix at protonmail.com torix at protonmail.com
Wed May 1 20:22:05 UTC 2019

Yesterday I put in a new router for my home connexion to Verizon.  Up until now, I've had to bring down my router for 18 hours or so for me to get a new ip address, so this has never really come up before.  But I noticed in the new interface that my dhcp lease from Verizon is only 2 hours long.  I have had 5 or 6 ip changes that I noticed, and found my relay starting all over again this morning, building up its connexions again.

I'm hoping that Verizon will settle down and start renewing my ip address instead of giving me another every few hours, but of course I don't know if their pool of addresses is running low and they are scrambling or what.

Any thoughts?  I don't think I can continue with my home relay in good conscience if people are getting kicked off several times a day.

TIA,

--Torix