[tor-relays] Tor website overhaul -- who deserves punishment?

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 12:29:13 UTC 2019

On 3/28/19 11:14 AM, Georg Koppen wrote:
> Lars Noodén:
>
> [snip]
>
>> But about the problematic layout that now exists, in general, the CSS
>> media rule mixes all types of screens together regardless of
>> orientation, aspect ratio or size.  So mobile and multi-screen desktops
>> all fall under the 'all' or 'screen' values.
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I opened
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/29934 for that.
>
> Georg

Ok.  Thanks.  I mean that the CSS 'media' rule itself is incapable of
differentiating screen types.  So with the Tor Project's web page, it
looks like the route was take to pus a mobile style layout onto all
visitors regardless.

I do notice that there is an additional rule set for print.  If I were
to print, I would want the URLs to be visible on the page:

	  @media print {
	     a {
	        font-weight: bolder;
	        text-decoration: none;
	     }

	     a[href^=http]:after {
	        content:" <" attr(href) "> ";
	     }

However, my main reason for getting involved in the thread is a request
to allow the banner to scroll so it is not clogging up the window and
blocking up the content.  Therefore the second line here needs to go:

	.fixed-top {
	    position: fixed;
	    top: 0;
	    right: 0;