[tor-relays] bride&relay one host

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Fri Mar 22 19:22:32 UTC 2019

Am 22.03.2019 08:19, schrieb Roger Dingledine:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 02:43:13AM +0100, lists at for-privacy.net wrote:
>> Can you run a bride and a middle-relay together on a host?
>> I mean for the safety of users. IPv6 is usually a /64 network and the
>> various IPv4 are usually also from a subnet.
>
> Answer #1: if they're using different IP addresses, sure, go for it.

Different IP are a must, that's clear anyway.

But...
Normally you get from the provider:
some IPv4 fron same subnet:
203.0.113.111
203.0.113.222
203.0.113.333

and one IPv6 Prefix:
2001:0DB8:123:456::/64

After reading that from your link below, I realize it's a bad idea to
use similar IP's for Bridge and Gateway.

I came up with the idea, because my server still has a lot of resources
available. But I do not have traffic anymore. 2 Tor instaces consume all
my 20TB.

> https://blog.torproject.org/research-problems-ten-ways-discover-tor-bridges
Thanks. That's exactly the stuff I'm looking for. ;-)

--
Ciao Marco!