[tor-relays] Tor Performance on Xen vs KVM

Conrad Rockenhaus conrad at rockenhaus.com
Sun Jun 30 05:03:24 UTC 2019

Hello,

I’m just curious on how people feel about relay performance on Tor nodes running on Xen vs KVM. I’ve noticed on Xen I have increased network performance and I do like the improved modular architecture of Xen vs KVM (right now I’m working on an experimental OpenStack w/ XCP-ng environment). I was wondering if any others on the list had experience running high performance Tor nodes on Xen and KVM and have a preference for one over the other… I’m just trying to compare and contrast here.

Of course, I built a XCP-ng pool with a compute VM, then I have a regular KVM compute instance running under the Openstack framework.

Thanks,

Conrad Rockenhaus
http://www.greyponyit.com/