[tor-relays] Relay Consensus Low

Matt Westfall mwestfall at ecansol.com
Sun Jun 2 06:57:02 UTC 2019

Hey toer, I actually removed the Bandwidth Rates per another suggestion.

Just sucks I can donate more to the TOR Network, but because other
people abused the advertised bandwidth settings now it is what it is.

https://puu.sh/DAw2V/aeb55530e8.png

Also I guess the fact that most of the traffic across tor is http/https
It's not ever going to "observe" a whole lot because it's quick small
packets of data.

I moved it to another IP and put it on 443 / 80 so maybe that will help
cause firewalls and such.  It's also directly on a public wan IP now, so
firewall/router complications.

Config in Nyx: https://puu.sh/DAwXD/39269fba87.png

Chutney Results - https://puu.sh/DAwYD/131f6f1959.png
Ran a 30 MB Test 10 was fast and 100 kept crashing

2nd Run: https://puu.sh/DAx0v/4c73a8b661.png

So looks like my hardware can only handle about 100Mbps Full Duplex, but
that's still way more than 9 :-D

Guess we'll see what happens.

I didn't see if anyone answered if I need a separate IP or if I can
create another tor instance on different ports but on the same IP, to
increase the load I'm handling.

Thanks,

Matt Westfall
President & CIO