[tor-relays] Measuring the Accuracy of Tor Relays' Advertised Bandwidths

Michael Gerstacker michael.gerstacker at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 30 18:02:14 UTC 2019

Hi!

Good to hear that you guys try to solve the problem of slow measured relays.
For example when i measure my relay

40108FDFA40EDB013F7291F3B4DA3D412ED3A5EF

with the speedtest from tele2 i get about 90 MiB download and about 50 MiB
upload but Tor measures it with about 15 MiB.
Some of my relays are measured very accurate but other ones are measured
with only about 1/5 of what my results are.

I read the sbws documentation about how the measuring process is working
and i am curious about how the experiment is measuring relays.

if possible please publish a little more info about the experiment or at
least the results somewhere.
Thanks