[tor-relays] Cherryservers (formerly balticservers) account terminated for exit relay

Neel Chauhan neel at neelc.org
Tue Jul 30 17:17:54 UTC 2019

If you want an alternative exit relay host (other than the common ones
like OVH, Scaleway, or Hetzner), one option is Server Room/Primcast
(same company). I use Primcast for a 300 Mbps FreeBSD exit and have been
happy with them.

Server Room/Primcast is not the "best" provider, but they are good
enough for the purpose of an exit and being less popular (as of now)
helps with relay diversity.

However, you will need a reduced exit policy with SR/Primcast. I have a
**very** restrictive exit policy only allowing Ports 53, 80, 443, and
8080 (so I get less complaints). If you want a custom OS, you will need
iLO (HP/HPE's remote management, Primcast uses HP/HPE servers). An older
server (pre-2011) may mean you'll need Windows and Internet Explorer
(NOT MS Edge) to use the console, while a newer server will work with
HTML5 on Windows/Mac/Linux/BSD/etc.

-Neel

===

https://www.neelc.org/