[tor-relays] do not run exits at home

Kenneth Freeman kencf0618 at riseup.net
Mon Jul 29 18:36:40 UTC 2019

On 07/29/2019 06:45 AM, niftybunny wrote:
> I was contacted by the FBI, LKA, BKA and many other LEAs in Germany and never had any trouble at all.

For the non-Teutonic amongst you, Landeskriminalamt (State Criminal
Police) & Bundeskriminalamt, or Federal Criminal Police Office (Germany).

You can definitely run an exit in the U.S.A., albeit not. at. home. You
just need to run it under the aegis of a non-profit and have the
necessary legal and technical boilerplate in place! Complaints and
investigations hit the Teflon Kevlar shield forthwith.

That said, I am currently running an exit in Germany, AnosognosiaRedux,
which has a tad over a 0.4000% exit probability and a bit under 0.2000
consensus weight fraction. Deutschland über alles!

Closer to home, you can make a pitch for Tor as the browser to preclude
ad tracking to www.nextdoor.com. I've already had gotten good feedback,
so proselytize away!