[tor-relays] do not run exits at home

dns1983 at riseup.net dns1983 at riseup.net
Mon Jul 29 08:35:02 UTC 2019

For the sake of clarity: I was just thinking.. I'll do nothing until I'm not sure what I'm doing. Thank you for sharing your experience, anyway I would be grateful if someone just answered to my question.

My idea was to run an exit relay with a very very reduced exit policy (53,80,443), not with my ISP IP. if possible, I would run It from an IP provided by Keyweb for example, that allows to run exit relays and allows changing the Whois records, if you respond promptly  to abuse reports.

Sorry for my bad English. I don't exactly understand what you mean with "not guilty". The trials finished in your favor?

Anyway, where I live, I can't use a VM provider as a full legal shield. If a very serious crime would be committed from my remote VM, I could be equally considered responsible.

It would be interesting to know more details about your experience. What kind of exit policy did you used? Did your IP allowed you to directly manage the abuse reposts? What kind of attack was committed?

Gigi