[tor-relays] Running gigabit relay

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 05:38:11 UTC 2019

Hi!

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 12:08 PM Neel Chauhan <neel at neelc.org> wrote:
> About the server, I have a powerful HPE ProLiant as mentioned earlier,
> but like other said at minimum you need a i5/i7 CPU, or an equivalent
> Xeon or AMD CPU. So this means no NUCs or HPE MicroServers.

Hm, why not NUCs? There are NUCs with 8th Generation Intel CPUs:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/series/129705/intel-nuc-kit-with-8th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

For example, this one uses i7-8650U Processor:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/130392/intel-nuc-kit-nuc7i7dnke.html

Based on what I read in all the replies (thank you all!) this should
be more than enough?

I was thinking of not really using a dedicated router, but hopefully
configure NUC's WiFi into an AP. This is all I really need. I just
hope I can configure it as a dual-band AP. I am not yet clear about
that part.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/