[tor-relays] Unutilized bandwidth

Vasilis andz at torproject.org
Thu Jul 18 01:00:00 UTC 2019

Hi Matt,

First of all thank you for running relays.

Matt Westfall:
> I kind of have the same problem, I have a gigabit relay setup too,
>
> https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/B1B10104EB72A1FBBF6687B05F1915D87D00DBDE
>

> The consensus weight varies wildly and never seems to get very high.
>
> I'm even running on 443 and 80
>
> the replies I got before were basically is what it is and I mean we're still
> helping the network by running a node,

Your relay got disconnected some times ago, you could see this on the 6-month
graph of your relay illustrated in the history section of relay search on Tor
metrics. Usually when a relay has been stable for some time it should be using
all available bandwidth, failure to do so may indicate that a server/network
problem.

Also Alec's relay (89094DFA4158C7A1583EC3A332CDCBC74A28CC0E9) advertised
bandwidth increased to 21.45 MiB/s (was 12 MiB/s 5 days ago).

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
~Vasilis
--
Fingerprint: 8FD5 CF5F 39FC 03EB B382 7470 5FBF 70B1 D126 0162
Pubkey: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5FBF70B1D1260162