[tor-relays] Call for setting up new obfs4 bridges

Philipp Winter phw at torproject.org
Wed Jul 17 17:53:33 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 04:41:25PM +0000, j4c4l4 wrote:
> I was about to ask the same question. I have been running an obfs4 bridge
> for several weeks, and the bandwidth it uses is still around 50KB/s, although
> the maximum rates are set much higher than that (2.5MB/s, with a burst of
> 5MB/s). My other middle relay works totally fine at about 8MB/s.
>
> Is this normal?

It does take time for your bridge to see users because these users first
need to get your bridge from BridgeDB.  Your bridge's distribution
mechanism also affects how quickly you see traffic: If your bridge ended
up in the email bucket, it may not see users as quickly as a bridge in
the moat bucket.

Cheers,
Philipp