[tor-relays] Having Trouble With Speed Of OBFS4 Bridge

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 03:04:37 UTC 2019

Hello,

So my OBFS4 bridge at
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/148BD64BED9F2C27637D986DE032E
CF14E5B9E9A seems to be having some speed issues, only reaching about 40-50
kb/s of speed. This is strange, as it should be much faster than this.

My thoughts on why this is happening:

Where I living, am probably nowhere near the bridge authorities for one.

I am running an obfuscated bridge (which as this requires an additional
process to be running alongside the tor process, could this be a part of
it?)

I am running off of the only internet provider available in my area (Charter
/ Spectrum) which is an isp that uses cable structure so maybe they have
some kind of limitation in place?

My router is a Netgear Orbi router which should be able to handle up to
60,000 connections at once so there should be no issue there.

Any help  is appreciated, thank you.

--Keifer