[tor-relays] Adding Obfuscation Types To Windows Bridge

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 01:20:55 UTC 2019

Hello,

So I am running an obfuscated bridge using the tor expert bundle and the compiled version of obfs4.

There are some questions I wanted to ask.

So, I am looking to add pluggable transports to my bridge, which currently only supports obfs4. I do not have access to any services that offer domain fronting, or third party servers, so I cannot run meek as a result. However, is it possible to add more than one pluggable transport, such as Format-Transferring Encryption or ScrambleSuit and also have obfs4? Are there compiled versions of these pluggable transports for windows? I also wanted to ask, do I need to update obfs4.exe when I update tor.exe?

Another question, so I have in my torrc file, Contact Info: followed by an obfuscated version of this email address. However, as seen on my bridge listing at https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/148BD64BED9F2C27637D986DE032ECF14E5B9E9A

The contact into does not appear. I do not want to give this email address out publicly, but I do want to register with bridge authorities so they can contact me if something is wrong with my bridge.

Here is my torrc, with the ContactInfo line listed.

Nickname torland
ContactInfo keifer dot bly at gmail dot com
SOCKSPort 0                # no local SOCKS proxy
ORPort 9002                # public bridge must have an open ORPort
ExtORPort auto             # configure ExtORPort for obfs4proxy
ExitPolicy reject *:*      # no exits allowed
BridgeRelay 1              # relay won't show up in the public consensus
PublishServerDescriptor 1  # publish to the bridge authority

# use obfs4proxy to provide obfs4 on port 9003
ServerTransportPlugin obfs4 exec C:\Users\keife\AppData\Roaming\tor\PluggableTransports\obfs4proxy.exe
ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 0.0.0.0:9003

Thanks all very much.

--Keifer