[tor-relays] community team highlights: Relay Advocacy

Colin Childs colin at torproject.org
Mon Jan 14 07:40:53 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

As there is some concern / confusion about what occurred here, I wanted to take a moment to explain:

After Nusenu discovered the cluster of relays on OVH not reporting contactinfo, I reached out to a contact we have at OVH to ask if they can pass along information to the user running these relays. This was in the hopes that the user may have configured things incorrectly by accident, and rather than immediately potentially marking the relays as bad; the hope was to give the user a chance to resolve the issue. OVH’s general abuse address was not contacted regarding this issue.

That said, this did not end up resolving the issue and next steps will now need to be taken.

I hope you all had a nice weekend.